Searching...
Monday 17 October 2011

Gmail Scam: Is Your Gmail Account Active. Yes/No


Today when I checked my gmail account, then I got a mail with subject  "Gmail Verify Alert" & body "Is your Gmail Account Active. Yes/No" from

"Gmail Team <mailalert.noreplyrecovery@gmail.com>".

But then one thing came in mind that messages come from Google as @google.com not @gmail.com. Then I checked the "Header" field, this mail was not received from mr.google.com, received path was from mx.google.com. So I reported it as phishing. Then I checked my other account, same mail was in my inbox from same sender. I know it's my testing account, so I replied Yes , then immediately received mail from same sender with subject "GMAIL ACTIVE" & body:

At Google, we take your privacy and security seriously. Presently we are having congestion due to the anonymous registration of too many Gmail accounts so we are shutting down some accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can confirm the ownership and let us know if you still want to continue using this account.

Gmail need you to verify your account details ASAP .

Do you use Gmail with this account ?* Yes No YES
Do you use orkut with this Google Account ?* Yes No NO
Do you use Blogger with this Google Account ?* Yes No NO

Most Importantly The Details below is needed :

* Full Name * :

* Email ID * :

* Password * :

* Year Registered * :

* Country * :


Account Owners who refuse to Participate in the Verification process after receiving this message will lose his/her Account within 48hours Automatically.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation and understanding looking forward to hearing from you..

Sincerely,
The Google Account Verification Team

So task is simple, don't reply to this email otherwise you can lost your Gmail account. Just ignore this email & click down the arrow next to Reply, then click Report Phishing. Be aware from these scams. Mails from google always come from @google.com. Google knows very well which account is active or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment